Location: Walnut Creek, CA
SewerAI is an AI and data management platform that is improving the speed, effectiveness and cost for cities and engineering firms to manage infrastructure. Our cutting edge AI lowers the total cost of ownership of cities’ infrastructure by reducing the dirty, dull and dangerous work that must be done to maintain infrastructure.
Formed in 2019, we are a VC funded early stage startup, looking to hire a Backend Engineer to join our team who wants to design, develop, and continuously improve software that helps SewerAI deliver real-time insights to cities around the world and ourselves.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years focused on backend development
- Experience with Python, SQL, Docker, and backend frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Experience in API design best practices; including flexibility, documentation, well managed and easily supported
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Serverless, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tooling (CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment where we push code often and continually enhance our product.
- Strong verbal and written skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Results driven, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
About The Job
Working alongside the co-founders, you will:
- Drive company culture and technology best practices
- Define, design and build out our critical backend tools and infrastructure
- Lead the design and implementation of features and solutions
- Collaborate to develop requirements
- Participate in agile development process
- Opportunity to work on entire technology stack
About Our Company
- SewerAI is applying AI to the massive problem of sewer overflows. Most people aren't aware but our sewer infrastructure is crumbling around us, leaking enough sewage nationwide to cover the entire SF Bay Area in 7" of raw sewage.
- We are revolutionizing an antiquated industry by automating the labor intensive part of labelling cracks, roots and grease in pipeline inspection videos.
- We are a VC backed startup with many large customers looking for a scrappy engineer to help improve our backend with automation.
- Come join a startup that is solving a real world problem with AI.
- Remote OK, Headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA.
Salary & Perks
- Tools you need to get the job done
- Competitive salary and potential equity-based remuneration
- Unlimited PTO
- Budget for courses, books, conferences – your development is important to us
Python, SQL, Docker, Django, Flask, Sqlalchemy, REST, API, AWS, GCP, Azure, Serverless, Terraform, CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins, Lambda, Postgres, CI/CD, Scalable, HTTP
Apply for this Position